Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy 2nd Rez Day to Me!

November 16, 2007 was the night I first signed on to Second Life, not knowing what to expect or not to expect. Good thing because I landed in a volcano hub! I had no instructions, had no idea what to do or not to do so I sat...and sat...and sat. Still, something fascinated me enough to draw me back the next day and the next and the next...but still I was in that dreadful volcano. I noticed people appearing and disappearing but I had no idea where they were going or how.

I wonder why I kept coming back. It probably has something to do with making things a quest not if mastered quick enough. The "failure is not an option" mantra comes to mind lol

How I eventually got out of that volcano hub is another story. But suffice it to say I did and went off to discover a whole new world. Alice, finally found her way past the rabbit hole!

I'm glad I did keep coming back though. 2 years and many adventures later, many houses later (dare I even count? could I even count them?) a long history of friends (some still friends, some not, some left, some drifted, some parted ways), work from RL now in SL and of course finding my wonderful partner, I find SL is very much like RL. Nothing is constant in RL...nothing is constant nor predictable in SL. It's really all a parallel world no matter how you slice it; not perfect, sometimes bumpy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I look forward to another great year! viva SL!

1 comment:

Husain and saif said...

First I want to congratulate you for this amazing blog!
We Are Pleased To Announce The Launch Of Movies Gallery 08, Mobile Movies in 3gp format, Reality show, Funny Video, Upcoming Movies 08 Trailer, About Dubai,Real Estate, Tips Of Career And Many More. .

It looks like you are a cartoon buff, and frequently blog about movies.
To start just go to http://moviesformobile.blogspot.com/


We hope you like it. Please send us any feedback on the movies and help us improve the sites further

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17
God's GPS