Sunday, July 6, 2008

Life Goes On at Inishmore



July 7, 2008 will be the first anniversary of owning Inishmore. The island is not the same as it once was, the dreams are different too but life goes on. Had an impromptu party with some friends and we had a great time until...well, don't know how I did it but I accidentally deleted the ground we were all dancing on and we all tumbled into the ocean! haha everyone loved it!
Later on a few friends, Enkryptor, Anna and Tom joined me for some chat in my underwater cove. No, things are not the same but the one thing you can always count on is change. Whenever I start to get a bit melancholy, I think of how the apostle Paul endured all sorts of change in his life and endured what I will never experience. And yet, despite his torture and persecution, he had the courage to say...
"I have learned in whatever state I'm in, to be content." Philippians 4:11
How many of us can say that? How many of us practice that? It is a simple gift to ourselves to be content despite whatever life throws at us. So, do we take that gift or do we sour when things don't go our way? Let's not wither on the vine of discontent. Why not grasp life and be content...no matter what...no matter where...no matter in what state. Go for it!

1 comment:

Gideon Tomsen said...

I definitely need to be more like Paul. Good article.

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17
God's GPS