Monday, March 3, 2008

Ode to Wood Paneling

According to one website, wood paneling was named as one of the top 10 worst decorating trends of all time. It bloomed in the 50's, was popularized in the 70's and was "perfected" in the 80's. In fact few homes have escaped the horrors of wood paneling. I bet more than a few of us still have dens sporting ye olde wood on the walls. But even so, why is wood paneling is so popular in the SL housing market? Have SL home designers tapped into a need from their childhood psyche? Last night as I stood in my pre-fab beach house, I suddenly realized I was in a Brady Bunch retread! Still, it brought about a certain level of comfort. So much so, I had to ask myself: is wood paneling really so bad? It's warm, it's rustic and low maintenance. Surely, it should gather more respect than say, that awful 80's Laura Ashley "country" phase! Well, no matter if wood paneling has been maligned, I love my SL wood paneling. It's so...Second Life!

No comments:

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17
God's GPS