Friday, March 7, 2008

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Yesterday I got handed an amazing opportunity--to interview a real life Dove award winning, number 1 best selling Christian musical artist! I was so excited I could hardly sleep the night before but strangely enough I was pretty calm in the morning.

Then Mr X came into the radio station's lounge where I was seated. He's a young man, well dressed in a very expensive looking suit and he looks a little weary. I wondered if he even knew what city he was in. He signed some promotional cd's and then finally it was my moment. And, literally it was a moment! Between his manager, the radio station DJs and the station manager competing forhis attention, I barely had time to utter 2 short questions and have a picture taken.

And you know what? Instead of taking in this incredible moment, I mentally fussed. Was my hair ok, would the picture angle add more pounds, had I picked the "right" outfit...all that was going through my head as I smiled for the camera. I was even self-conscious of the camera! I had never gotten around to replacing my very expensive professional camera that was stolen. So here I was with this famous artist and all I had to hand over to the radio station manager was a disposable camera purchased at CVS.

It was all over in a few minutes; the picture, the interview and the anticipation. But, later on I remembered we are all made in God's image. I had fussed for naught. God loves us as we are---whether our picture is taken by an expensive camera or one purchased by CVS, whether our hair is perfect or the camera adds a few pounds.

None of that matters, ever.

1 comment:

peter ackland said...

What a great experience interviewing Mr X...we worry how
we look to others and that is not important...Just do your best is the most important thing you can do...Great Blog :)

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17

A new life has begun! II Cor 5:17
God's GPS